Herman Daly on the Centre for a Steady State Economy blog.
“…aside from political denial, why do people (frequently economists) not understand that continuous growth of the economy (measured by either real GDP or resource throughput) could in theory, and probably has in fact, become uneconomic? What is it that confuses them?…” read more at Eight Fallacies about Growth « Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy.
- Manchester’s Climate Change Strategy: All CO2 and mirrors? 12 December, 2018
- Retrofitting suburbia 11 December, 2018
- Hey, Fossil Banks – Climate Change is here! 6 December, 2018
- What’s not to like about CounterCoin ? 3 December, 2018
- CounterCoin’s continual experimentation towards The Viable Economy 30 November, 2018
Read Our Key Materials
“The Viable Economy”, a pamphlet presenting an integrated approach to economic, social and ecological well-being.
And for more, see our publications page (on top menu).
Search the Steady State Manchester website
Email circulation list – sign-up.
Click here to join our email list. It is low volume, rarely more than a couple of messages a month, and it will keep you up to speed with events, publications, initiatives and so on. There are options to unsubscribe there too.
- café conversations
- citizens income
- city region
- climate change
- community resilience
- countering arguments against steady-state
- economic growth
- economic scrutiny
- ethical finance
- Global South
- Greater Manchester
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- green growth
- In Place of Growth
- Living Wage
- local currency
- Local government
- majority world
- Manchester City Council
- Mark Burton
- planetary boundaries
- replacement economy
- social justice
- Spatial Framework
- steady state economy
- supporting SSM
- Tyndall Centre
- viable economy