http://steadystate.org/who-will-get-this-economy-going-no-one/ A useful commentary about the endless repetition of the growth mantra in the context of the election today in USAnia. I did like this quotable: “What is the business case for destroying the planet?” –Ray Anderson, founder and chair of Interface, Inc.
- New edition of our Carbon and Planning Workbook 21 September, 2022
- Book review: Degrowth as a desirable and possible future 12 September, 2022
- The Steady State Manchester Solidarity Grant 30 August, 2022
- Save Greater Manchester’s Greenbelt (SGMGB) awarded the Viable Future Mark 8 August, 2022
- Viable Future Mark: the first five awards 29 July, 2022
Read Our Key Materials
"A Viable Future: Explorations in Post-Growth from Steady State Manchester" - available as a free ebook or an affordable 361 page paperback.
"The Viable Economy … and Society”, a pamphlet presenting an integrated approach to economic, social and ecological well-being.
"The Carbon and Planning Workbook" - a guide for citizens responding to planning proposals.
And for more, see our publications page (on top menu).
Search the Steady State Manchester website
Email circulation list – sign-up.
Click here to join our email list. It is low volume, rarely more than a couple of messages a month, and it will keep you up to speed with events, publications, initiatives and so on. There are options to unsubscribe there too.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Andy Burnham
- café conversations
- Carolyn Kagan
- citizens income
- city region
- climate change
- community resilience
- countering arguments against steady-state
- economic growth
- GHG emissions
- Global South
- Greater Manchester
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- green growth
- Green New Deal
- James Vandeventer
- Living Wage
- local currency
- Local government
- majority world
- Manchester City Council
- Mark Burton
- Places for Everyone
- planetary boundaries
- replacement economy
- social justice
- Spatial Framework
- steady state economy
- Tyndall Centre
- viable economy