The FT, hedgehogs and the scale of the crisis.
This short article provides an interesting graphic take on the bankruptcy of the orthodox model, and its forecasters. As we’ve said before – we are in a situation of post-growth already. What we need to do is manage it for equity, social justice and ecological safety.
- Do More, Faster! Greater Manchester Climate campaigners call for serious climate action. 25 March, 2019
- CounterCoin and the Environmental Impact of Venues 19 March, 2019
- GMCA’s draft Environment Plan for 2019-2024 19 March, 2019
- Steady State Manchester’s response to the 2019 Greater Manchester Spatial Framework 15 March, 2019
- What Kind of a Green Deal? The implications of material and monetary flows. 28 February, 2019
Read Our Key Materials
“The Viable Economy”, a pamphlet presenting an integrated approach to economic, social and ecological well-being.
And for more, see our publications page (on top menu).
Search the Steady State Manchester website
Email circulation list – sign-up.
Click here to join our email list. It is low volume, rarely more than a couple of messages a month, and it will keep you up to speed with events, publications, initiatives and so on. There are options to unsubscribe there too.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Andy Burnham
- café conversations
- citizens income
- city region
- climate change
- community resilience
- countering arguments against steady-state
- economic growth
- economic scrutiny
- Global South
- Greater Manchester
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- green growth
- In Place of Growth
- Living Wage
- local currency
- Local government
- majority world
- Manchester City Council
- Mark Burton
- planetary boundaries
- replacement economy
- social justice
- Spatial Framework
- steady state economy
- supporting SSM
- Tyndall Centre
- viable economy