See this short article by Kevin Anderson of the Tyndall Centre, who wrote one of the forewords to In Place of Growth. http://kevinanderson.info/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Tyndall-briefing-note-36-economics-CC1.pdf
He makes the point that a narrow financial interpretation of risk has dominated orthodox thinking on the problem.
- One of Spain’s governing parties adopts degrowth 7 June, 2022
- Manchester’s Electronic Billboards – Another Sidewalk for Jevons’ Paradox 13 May, 2022
- Community or Consumption: Social Ecology in Greater Manchester 7 April, 2022
- Greater Manchester is overspending its carbon budget and Places for Everyone will make it much worse. 24 March, 2022
- Beyond a Green New Deal: book review 1 February, 2022
Read Our Key Materials
"A Viable Future: Explorations in Post-Growth from Steady State Manchester" - available as a free ebook or an affordable 361 page paperback.
"The Viable Economy … and Society”, a pamphlet presenting an integrated approach to economic, social and ecological well-being.
"The Carbon and Planning Workbook" - a guide for citizens responding to planning proposals.
And for more, see our publications page (on top menu).
Search the Steady State Manchester website
Email circulation list – sign-up.
Click here to join our email list. It is low volume, rarely more than a couple of messages a month, and it will keep you up to speed with events, publications, initiatives and so on. There are options to unsubscribe there too.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Andy Burnham
- café conversations
- Carolyn Kagan
- citizens income
- city region
- climate change
- community resilience
- countering arguments against steady-state
- economic growth
- GHG emissions
- Global South
- Greater Manchester
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- green growth
- Green New Deal
- James Vandeventer
- Living Wage
- local currency
- Local government
- majority world
- Manchester City Council
- Mark Burton
- Mike Riddell
- planetary boundaries
- replacement economy
- social justice
- Spatial Framework
- steady state economy
- Tyndall Centre
- viable economy