Here is the link to a Skeleton response to Manchester Local Plan Issues Consultation 2020
It has been produced by members of Climate Emergency Manchester, Rising Up! Manchester Families, Greater Manchester Housing Action and Steady State Manchester. It does not necessarily reflect the view of all those organisations.
It is offered to local campaigners as a basis for their own response.
We suggest two ways of using it. Quick and slow!
1) You could simply endorse it and include the link in an email to the council’s consultation site.
Or, better, you could
2) Make your own response, drawing on our skeleton. While it’s called a skeleton, it is pretty comprehensive but you will likely have additional things to add and you might not agree with everything there. So please feel free to use it as you see best.
The document has full details of how to respond and a link to the council’s consultation document.
Here’s that link again: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aJudjCnSvkrYrg0DSDfls5LxrJuZCwRGe3LRXw_oHwE/edit?usp=sharing
The (extended) deadline for responses is ….. 17.00 on Friday 1st May.
Please also share this with your contacts.
- Fighting Fire with Fire? 4 July, 2021
- The timidity of Transport for the North (TfN) 14 June, 2021
- Members and Supporters Event – Shifting the debate 24 May, 2021
- News about the Manchester Degrowth and Ecological Economics Conference, 5th – 8th JULY 2021 14 May, 2021
- Post-growth: an economist meditates 3 May, 2021
Read Our Key Materials
“The Viable Economy ... and Society”, a pamphlet presenting an integrated approach to economic, social and ecological well-being.
And for more, see our publications page (on top menu).
Search the Steady State Manchester website
Email circulation list – sign-up.
Click here to join our email list. It is low volume, rarely more than a couple of messages a month, and it will keep you up to speed with events, publications, initiatives and so on. There are options to unsubscribe there too.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Andy Burnham
- café conversations
- Carolyn Kagan
- citizens income
- city region
- climate change
- community resilience
- countering arguments against steady-state
- economic growth
- GHG emissions
- Global South
- Greater Manchester
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- green growth
- Green New Deal
- James Vandeventer
- Living Wage
- local currency
- Local government
- majority world
- Manchester City Council
- Mark Burton
- Mike Riddell
- planetary boundaries
- replacement economy
- social justice
- Spatial Framework
- steady state economy
- Tyndall Centre
- viable economy