Permanent page for this scheme (any updates and changes will appear there).
We now offer a small grant (up to a few hundred pounds) to very small groups who want to do something original to challenge the damaging growth model of economic and social development in Greater Manchester.
We favour small, community-based groups who need a little financial support yet can’t easily, or yet, access the established funding sources. If you’re part of such a group or know people who are, there’s more about the Grant here:
We’ll consider activities which:
- put into practice what we advocate, or are in keeping with our views;
- challenge the economic status quo;
- are open to all, unless targeted at minoritised people
Examples might include, amongst others,
- new models of ownership, production, distribution etc.;
- influencing/participating in local decision making;
- meeting basic needs (like hunger, keeping warm);
- tackling inequalities;
- spending on: room hire, leaflets, zoom subscription, teabags, helping low income or mobility-impaired people with transport costs;
- spending by small local groups whether or not they have written rules and a bank account.
There are some things we won’t fund.