- Manchester’s Electronic Billboards – Another Sidewalk for Jevons’ Paradox 13 May, 2022
- Community or Consumption: Social Ecology in Greater Manchester 7 April, 2022
- Greater Manchester is overspending its carbon budget and Places for Everyone will make it much worse. 24 March, 2022
- Beyond a Green New Deal: book review 1 February, 2022
- UK Government’s Net Zero Strategy – a critical review 18 November, 2021
Read Our Key Materials
"A Viable Future: Explorations in Post-Growth from Steady State Manchester" - available as a free ebook or an affordable 361 page paperback.
"The Viable Economy … and Society”, a pamphlet presenting an integrated approach to economic, social and ecological well-being.
"The Carbon and Planning Workbook" - a guide for citizens responding to planning proposals.
And for more, see our publications page (on top menu).
Search the Steady State Manchester website
Email circulation list – sign-up.
Click here to join our email list. It is low volume, rarely more than a couple of messages a month, and it will keep you up to speed with events, publications, initiatives and so on. There are options to unsubscribe there too.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Andy Burnham
- café conversations
- Carolyn Kagan
- citizens income
- city region
- climate change
- community resilience
- countering arguments against steady-state
- economic growth
- GHG emissions
- Global South
- Greater Manchester
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- green growth
- Green New Deal
- James Vandeventer
- Living Wage
- local currency
- Local government
- majority world
- Manchester City Council
- Mark Burton
- Mike Riddell
- planetary boundaries
- replacement economy
- social justice
- Spatial Framework
- steady state economy
- Tyndall Centre
- viable economy
Category Archives: rebound effect
Here is the critique of the June 2012 economic scrutiny committee report on Steady State. We circulated this critique prior to the meeting. It also contains a briefing (with lots of links and references) on A Steady State Manchester Economy … Continue reading
The denialism of progressive environmentalists, – article by Bill Blackwater. (re-posted from GreenDealManchester) This is very relevant to this project. It examines in some technical but readable detail the nature of the rebound (or Jevons) effect, which means that even … Continue reading