- What has an arts festival to do with a viable future? 9 November, 2022
- Places for Everyone hearings: the first week 6 November, 2022
- Progress Report on research project – Sufficiency in Housing: Exploring sustainability-oriented living arrangements 2 November, 2022
- Trimtab* tactics to move civil society on climate 31 October, 2022
- Places for Everyone goes before the Planning Inspectorate 29 October, 2022
Read Our Key Materials
"A Viable Future: Explorations in Post-Growth from Steady State Manchester" - available as a free ebook or an affordable 361 page paperback.
"The Viable Economy … and Society”, a pamphlet presenting an integrated approach to economic, social and ecological well-being.
"The Carbon and Planning Workbook" - a guide for citizens responding to planning proposals.
And for more, see our publications page (on top menu).
Search the Steady State Manchester website
Email circulation list – sign-up.
Click here to join our email list. It is low volume, rarely more than a couple of messages a month, and it will keep you up to speed with events, publications, initiatives and so on. There are options to unsubscribe there too.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Andy Burnham
- café conversations
- Carolyn Kagan
- citizens income
- city region
- climate change
- community resilience
- countering arguments against steady-state
- economic growth
- GHG emissions
- Global South
- Greater Manchester
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- green growth
- Green New Deal
- James Vandeventer
- Living Wage
- local currency
- Local government
- majority world
- Manchester City Council
- Mark Burton
- Places for Everyone
- planetary boundaries
- replacement economy
- social justice
- Spatial Framework
- steady state economy
- Tyndall Centre
- viable economy
Tag Archives: Business
Café conversation: Wednesday 17th May 6.30-8pm – If you haven’t already, book Now Lounge at Manchester Methodist Hall Central Buildings, Oldham St, Manchester M1 1JQ Do you wonder what kind of an economy we need to ensure community businesses can flourish … Continue reading
Did you know that there are 5.4 million small and medium-sized firms (those employing less than 250 people) in the country as a whole, employing some 23 million people? They are the heart of the economy and of any future … Continue reading