- Save Greater Manchester’s Greenbelt (SGMGB) awarded the Viable Future Mark 8 August, 2022
- Viable Future Mark: the first five awards 29 July, 2022
- The renewed clamour for growth: ignorance, stupidity or immorality? 26 July, 2022
- Greater Manchester’s Places for Everyone Plan: the Carbon Impact 16 July, 2022
- Communicating about degrowth: an interview 11 July, 2022
Read Our Key Materials
"A Viable Future: Explorations in Post-Growth from Steady State Manchester" - available as a free ebook or an affordable 361 page paperback.
"The Viable Economy … and Society”, a pamphlet presenting an integrated approach to economic, social and ecological well-being.
"The Carbon and Planning Workbook" - a guide for citizens responding to planning proposals.
And for more, see our publications page (on top menu).
Search the Steady State Manchester website
Email circulation list – sign-up.
Click here to join our email list. It is low volume, rarely more than a couple of messages a month, and it will keep you up to speed with events, publications, initiatives and so on. There are options to unsubscribe there too.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Andy Burnham
- café conversations
- Carolyn Kagan
- citizens income
- city region
- climate change
- community resilience
- countering arguments against steady-state
- economic growth
- GHG emissions
- Global South
- Greater Manchester
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- green growth
- Green New Deal
- James Vandeventer
- Living Wage
- local currency
- Local government
- majority world
- Manchester City Council
- Mark Burton
- Places for Everyone
- planetary boundaries
- replacement economy
- social justice
- Spatial Framework
- steady state economy
- Tyndall Centre
- viable economy
Tag Archives: climate activists
Greater Manchester Climate Action (GM-CAN), today sent this letter to the leader and executive member for environment, Manchester City Council, with copies to the other councillors who attend the council’s Executive Committee meetings. This coincides with the debate in the … Continue reading