- New edition of our Carbon and Planning Workbook 21 September, 2022
- Book review: Degrowth as a desirable and possible future 12 September, 2022
- The Steady State Manchester Solidarity Grant 30 August, 2022
- Save Greater Manchester’s Greenbelt (SGMGB) awarded the Viable Future Mark 8 August, 2022
- Viable Future Mark: the first five awards 29 July, 2022
Read Our Key Materials
"A Viable Future: Explorations in Post-Growth from Steady State Manchester" - available as a free ebook or an affordable 361 page paperback.
"The Viable Economy … and Society”, a pamphlet presenting an integrated approach to economic, social and ecological well-being.
"The Carbon and Planning Workbook" - a guide for citizens responding to planning proposals.
And for more, see our publications page (on top menu).
Search the Steady State Manchester website
Email circulation list – sign-up.
Click here to join our email list. It is low volume, rarely more than a couple of messages a month, and it will keep you up to speed with events, publications, initiatives and so on. There are options to unsubscribe there too.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Andy Burnham
- café conversations
- Carolyn Kagan
- citizens income
- city region
- climate change
- community resilience
- countering arguments against steady-state
- economic growth
- GHG emissions
- Global South
- Greater Manchester
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- green growth
- Green New Deal
- James Vandeventer
- Living Wage
- local currency
- Local government
- majority world
- Manchester City Council
- Mark Burton
- Places for Everyone
- planetary boundaries
- replacement economy
- social justice
- Spatial Framework
- steady state economy
- Tyndall Centre
- viable economy
Tag Archives: Fossil Free Greater Manchester
Steady State Manchester is part of the coalition that came together as Fossil Free Greater Manchester (FFGM) to campaign for the largest local authority pension fund to divest from fossil fuels. It is consistent with our thinking on the regional … Continue reading