- UK Government’s Net Zero Strategy – a critical review 18 November, 2021
- The Carbon and Planning Workbook 8 November, 2021
- Can Cop26 lead to a viable future? The Meteor interviews us. 6 November, 2021
- A Viable Future? Explorations in post-growth – free ebook 8 October, 2021
- Coming up: “A Viable Future?” 7 October, 2021
Read Our Key Materials
"A Viable Future: Explorations in Post-Growth from Steady State Manchester" - available as a free ebook or an affordable 361 page paperback.
"The Viable Economy … and Society”, a pamphlet presenting an integrated approach to economic, social and ecological well-being.
"The Carbon and Planning Workbook" - a guide for citizens responding to planning proposals.
And for more, see our publications page (on top menu).
Search the Steady State Manchester website
Email circulation list – sign-up.
Click here to join our email list. It is low volume, rarely more than a couple of messages a month, and it will keep you up to speed with events, publications, initiatives and so on. There are options to unsubscribe there too.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Andy Burnham
- café conversations
- Carolyn Kagan
- citizens income
- city region
- climate change
- community resilience
- countering arguments against steady-state
- economic growth
- GHG emissions
- Global South
- Greater Manchester
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- green growth
- James Vandeventer
- Living Wage
- local currency
- Local government
- majority world
- Manchester City Council
- Mark Burton
- Mike Riddell
- planetary boundaries
- replacement economy
- social justice
- Spatial Framework
- steady state economy
- Tyndall Centre
- viable economy
Tag Archives: insecurity
We continue the serialisation of our intervention, The Viable Economy, this time with Chapter 11, “About Consumerism”, in which we make it clear that our opposition is not to individual people as consumers (calling for behaviour change), but to the … Continue reading