- What has an arts festival to do with a viable future? 9 November, 2022
- Places for Everyone hearings: the first week 6 November, 2022
- Progress Report on research project – Sufficiency in Housing: Exploring sustainability-oriented living arrangements 2 November, 2022
- Trimtab* tactics to move civil society on climate 31 October, 2022
- Places for Everyone goes before the Planning Inspectorate 29 October, 2022
Read Our Key Materials
"A Viable Future: Explorations in Post-Growth from Steady State Manchester" - available as a free ebook or an affordable 361 page paperback.
"The Viable Economy … and Society”, a pamphlet presenting an integrated approach to economic, social and ecological well-being.
"The Carbon and Planning Workbook" - a guide for citizens responding to planning proposals.
And for more, see our publications page (on top menu).
Search the Steady State Manchester website
Email circulation list – sign-up.
Click here to join our email list. It is low volume, rarely more than a couple of messages a month, and it will keep you up to speed with events, publications, initiatives and so on. There are options to unsubscribe there too.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Andy Burnham
- café conversations
- Carolyn Kagan
- citizens income
- city region
- climate change
- community resilience
- countering arguments against steady-state
- economic growth
- GHG emissions
- Global South
- Greater Manchester
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- green growth
- Green New Deal
- James Vandeventer
- Living Wage
- local currency
- Local government
- majority world
- Manchester City Council
- Mark Burton
- Places for Everyone
- planetary boundaries
- replacement economy
- social justice
- Spatial Framework
- steady state economy
- Tyndall Centre
- viable economy
Tag Archives: pandemic
Invisible workers, invisible systems. By Mark Burton pdf version also available at Resilience.org This is based on a short talk I gave to an event, What have we learned about work during Covid 19 and what needs to change? organised … Continue reading
Could the Covid-19 pandemic be a portal to a Viable Society and Economy? Mark H Burton 1 Download it as a pdf file instead. Much has already been written about the prospects for the future of economic, social and ecological … Continue reading